National Calamity Contingency Fund (NCCF) was renamed as National Disaster Response Fund (NDRF) with the enactment of the Disaster Management Act in 2005. Continue reading “NATIONAL DISASTER RESPONSE FUND”
Ministry of Agriculture
Launched in April 2016, after rolling back the earlier insurance schemes viz. National Agriculture Insurance Scheme (NAIS), Weather-based Crop Insurance scheme and Modified National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (MNAIS). Continue reading “PRADHAN MANTRI FASAL BIMA YOJANA”
Launched in 2014, it is a village development project under which each Member of Parliament will take the responsibility of developing physical and institutional infrastructure in three villages by 2019. Continue reading “Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana”
UNDP has released the annual HDI 2019 report.
- The focus of the 2019 Report is on ‘Inequality in Human Development’.
NITI Aayog has released the 2019 SDG India Index.
The index evaluates the progress of States and Union Territories on social, economic and environmental parameters. Continue reading “Sustainable Development Goal Index 2019”
- More than 80 lakh students from six notified Minority communities- Jain, Parsi, Buddhist, Christian, Sikh and Muslim- have been sanctioned pre-matric, post-matric, merit-cum-means and other scholarships. These students include 60 per cent of girls.
Special Economic Zones (SEZs) are geographically delineated ‘enclaves’ in which regulations and practices related to business and trade differ from the rest of the country and therefore all the units therein enjoy special privileges. Continue reading “Special Economic Zones (SEZs)”
The 2019 Brown to Green Report has been published by the Climate Transparency partnership, an international research collaboration.
The report is the most comprehensive review of G20 countries’ climate performance, mapping achievements and drawbacks in their efforts to reduce emissions, adapt to climate impacts and green the financial system. Continue reading “Brown to Green Report 2019”
Ministry of Finance
It is a Pension Scheme exclusively for the senior citizens aged 60 years and above.
The Scheme can be purchased offline as well as online through Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India which has been given the sole privilege to operate this Scheme. Continue reading “Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY)”
Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Central Sector Scheme with a total outlay of Rs.6000 crore to be implemented over 5 years (2020-21 to 2024-25).
- The scheme aims to improve groundwater management through community participation in identified priority areas in seven States, viz. Gujarat, Haryana, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
- Implementation of the scheme is expected to benefit nearly 8350 Gram Panchayats in 78 districts in these States.
- ATAL JAL will promote panchayat led groundwater management and behavioural change with a primary focus on demand-side management
- Out of the total outlay of Rs. 6000 crore, 50% shall be in the form of World Bank loan, and be repaid by the Central Government. The remaining 50% shall be through Central Assistance from regular budgetary support. The entire World Bank’s loan component and Central Assistance shall be passed on to the States as Grants.