The Harmonised System is a six-digit identification code. Of the six digits, the first two denote the HS Chapter, the next two give the HS heading, and the last two give the HS subheading. Continue reading “Harmonised System(HS) Code”
- Scheduled commercial banks’ credit growth remained subdued at 8.7 per cent year-on-year (YoY) in September 2019.
- Banks’ capital adequacy ratio improved significantly after the recapitalisation of public sector banks (PSBs) by the government.
Ministry of Finance
- Partial Credit Guarantee offered by Government of India (GoI) to Public Sector Banks (PSBs) for purchasing high-rated pooled assets from financially sound Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs)/Housing Finance Companies (HFCs)
Ministry of the Environment, Forest and Climate Change
- Environment Education Awareness and Training (EEAT) is a central sector scheme of the Ministry of the Environment, Forest and Climate Change started in 1983-84
- India should “recommit” to cutting on debt by bringing down its public sector borrowing requirements and enhance focus on having greater fiscal transparency to help investors make informed economic decisions.
- Despite some improvement in reported fiscal deficits, debt as a share of GDP remains little changed over the past decade partly due to increases in off-budget financing
Insider trading refers to the trading of securities while in possession of Unpublished Price Sensitive Information (UPSI) about the particular securities.
- Under the new framework, it would be mandatory to disclose the source of information, besides, confidentiality regarding the identity of the informant would be protected
- SEBI said the reward would be given in case the information provided leads to disgorgement of at least Rs 1 crore in accordance with the PIT (Prohibition of Insider Trading) Regulations
The liability of a corporate debtor for an offence committed before the commencement of the corporate insolvency resolution process shall cease, and the corporate debtor shall not be prosecuted for such an offence from the date the resolution plan has been approved by the Adjudicating Authority if the resolution plan results in the change in the management or control of the corporate debtor to a person who was not: Continue reading “Promulgation of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Ordinance, 2019”